For the first time, ConveyUX is online. Our last in-person conference was in March 2020, just before COVID-19 sent us home. Luckily, platforms such as Hopin make it possible to present a highly enjoyable and engaging conference experience, no matter where we are.
For attendees, some advantages include:
- – Your admission rate is lower, because we can cut airfare, accommodation, facility rental and food costs.
- – You have more flexibility working around other commitments because you can participate anywhere you have access to a computer.
- – You can “chat” with other attendees and sometimes speakers without disturbing the virtual “room”, or waiting to catch the person in between sessions.
Online event platforms like Hopin offer delightful features like:
- – Live chats and direct messaging so you can connect with others privately or share your thoughts with the group at any time.
- – The ability to hop between concurrent sessions with a few clicks. No need to tip-toe out of one session and into another to catch a bit of each talk.
- – Professional networking sessions, that operate like speed dating, in which you are paired randomly with someone for three minutes. Introduce yourselves. Chat. Exchange contacts. Repeat.
From a host’s perspective, an online conference means all speakers, attendees, breakout rooms, and sessions are a few clicks away. We can better monitor the event and resolve technical issues almost immediately to deliver a great experience.