It’s all well and good for us to sit around in our ivory tower yelling how great UX is out of the window to passers-by, but this can only get us so far. User experience as a profession is all grown up now, and like all mature areas, we need some ability to measure the impact we are having on our organization’s goals and bottom lines. KPIs, or Key Performance Indicators are often misunderstood (and sometimes feared by) UX professionals because they don’t appear to easily align with typical business metrics.
We will take a comprehensive journey into the world of UX metrics, exploring both behavioral and attitudinal measurements. You will learn to weigh the benefits and limitations of some of the common UX benchmarking metrics like SUS, CUS, NPS, and CES. We will also explore newer methods that provide deeper and more relevant insights to report on as well as ways to make sense of the data. Each workshop attendee will have an opportunity to create their own (or improve upon an existing) UX KPI strategy including: what metrics you will track, how you will go about tracking them, and how your KPIs will be visualized to tell a story to your stakeholders.
What You’ll Learn:
- What UX metrics you should track and how to determine the best ones for your organization
- What industry tools and data sources are available to collect and track your metrics
- How to take a UX metric and translate it into a KPI
- What to do with UX KPIs once you have them
- How to create a dashboard to properly tell the story of your UX KPIs