As designers, how can we ensure that the product visions that we create actually become a reality? What best practices, partnerships and processes can we employ to take something from a compelling prototype or illustration to a real product that is solving user needs?
In this talk, I will share lessons learned throughout my design career driving vision efforts. As a case study, I will discuss recent work on Facebook Groups, where our team turned a bold product vision to make communities as central as friends on Facebook into a reality with the launch of F5, a redesign of the Facebook app unveiled by Mark Zuckerberg at Facebook’s F8 Developer Conference in 2019.
Learning outcomes include:
- Goal setting and alignment with cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Planning a vision design work-stream
- Integrating foundational research
- Telling a compelling story
- Getting sign-in and alignment on product investments
- Evolving your vision with the needs of users, business and current landscape
Moneta Ho Kushner