Are people really born leaders? Maybe… but thankfully most of what’s needed to be a great leader is actually learned. Whether you’re an individual contributor or a manager, there are certain strategies to leverage and behaviors to exhibit that will increase your ability to be recognized as a leader.
In this talk, we’ll explore the traditional path of management as well as a career track as an individual contributor – both of which can be influencers in an organization. We’ll cover the essentials for effective UX leadership and the skills to focus on. You will leave the session with a sense of the options available to you and practical tips to help you grow into a leadership role.
You will learn:
- What we mean by leadership
- The difference between management and leadership
- Individual contributor and management career paths
- Essential skills for leadership
- Tips for demonstrating leadership