You know content is a key tenant of a great user experience, and you’re ready to incorporate content strategy into your design workflow. But where do you start?
In this workshop, we’ll dive into several hands-on activities to help you understand when and how to include content strategy in your design process. We’ll talk through best practices for producing user-centered content, techniques for getting stakeholder buy-in, and tips for working with other content creators or designers.
You will learn how to:
- Assess your existing content to ensure that it meets user needs
- Write in a way that works for humans
- Think through content priorities, messages, and flows
- Prioritize the information users need to find and tasks they need to complete
- Prototype content to speed up the design process
- Work collaboratively with designers and content creators
We will cover:
- Empathy mapping
- Crafting communication goals and content principles
- Page prototyping and content mapping
- User-centered content strategy tools
This workshop is for designers that want to better understand content strategy, as well as UX writers and content strategists that are looking for new tools to add to their arsenal. A working knowledge of content strategy will be helpful, but is not required.