Sometimes it makes sense to hire a full-time employee and sometimes it doesn’t – but how do you decide?
In this talk, Cory Lebson, author of The UX Careers Handbook and lifetime UX consultant discusses the decisions around hiring a consulting firm or freelance consultant for your UX needs.
- What kind of UX roles lend themselves to employees and which roles often make more sense for more limited engagements?
- Should you hire a consulting firm or a freelancer?
- How do you find someone and assess their skills?
- What kinds of HR and legal constraints should you be concerned about?
- How do you best manage people who aren’t your employees?
- What do you need to know to successfully divvy up skills between your consultants and your employees?
- How can your consultants help you to improve your employees’ knowledge?
And if you’re looking to join a consulting firm or be a freelancer, find out what your potential clients should be doing!