This summer we helped UPS relaunch its global website, UPS.com. As the first line of UX defense for the world’s largest package delivery company, the site reaches some 35 million monthly visitors who live in 217 countries and territories and speak 37 languages and dialects. The multi-year, multi-agency effort took on some ambitious goals, including a complete responsive redesign, migration to a new content management system (CMS), and new focus on targeting and personalization. The core content strategy was built around the brand goals of being authentic, smart, and helpful to users.
While we’re still making improvements daily based on user feedback, there are already plenty of lessons to share. A proverbial “who’s who” of UX complexities, this project has it all! Come with your most pressing questions related to any of our work, including:
- Content audit of nearly one million content records
- Upgrade to the new OpenText TeamSite 8.0 platform
- Custom script-based migration of nearly 175k pages
- Integration with 80 independent web applications
- Personalized content for 23 unique audiences
- New content model with semantic content types
- Complete responsive re-design for mobile, desktop and tablet
- Comprehensive user testing in multiple countries and languages
- And much more fun!