User experience (UX) strategy lies at the intersection of UX design and business strategy. It is a process that should be started first, before the design or development of a product begins. It relies on empirical, lightweight tactics for pushing cross-functional teams toward a unique digital solution that customers want. Today, a UX differentiation is the digital-product game changer. Differentiated user experiences have completely revolutionized the way we shop, travel, communicate and experience our day-to-day life.
When building a digital product you need to learn as much as you can about the competition. That’s why conducting market research and analysis is a crucial component of business strategy. You want to know what’s out there, what’s worked, and what hasn’t. This requires firsthand knowledge of the good and bad user experiences and business models provided by your competitors. If done thoroughly, the research can provide a treasure trove of insight into current trends and outdated manifestations of mental models.
Take this workshop to experience a deep dive into the subject matter with both lectures and hands-on exercises. We’ll practice with a made-up value proposition of an online product so that you can learn the steps you need to take for informing strategic UX-centric decision-making. It is highly suggested that you bring a laptop to the workshop or be okay with sharing one with another participant.
- Why the empirical practice of user experience strategy is crucial for devising successful online products and Digital Transformation initiative
- How to identify direct and indirect digital competitors of your value proposition
- How to locate and capture quantitative and qualitative data about both UX and business-centric attributes using a customized shared Google spreadsheet for organizing your research
- How to conduct a methodical analysis so that you can take a stance on the opportunity space
- Why by doing thorough competitive research and analysis on the online marketplace, you can ascertain new opportunities for leveraging stellar UX design and innovative business models for your product, platform, or service
Jaime Levy Consulting